Civil War Play Scenarios
Within the lowlands, swamp, and remote places of Bar-Innis a civil war between brother and sister is waged. This is a list of the play scenarios / steps roughly as the group encountered them.
- Aruna’s Vault – A quest to bring the group together, introduce hooks into the past generation, and other adventure hooks
- Trouble in Westwick Downs – The curse of the Bullaine family still haunts them; Berithor’s influence finally felt in Lights Law.
- The Curse of Westwick Downs...
- [[Lights Law, Retribution, and Trial | Lights Law, Retribution, and Trial]]
- Tour of Duty – Despite the advocates of the green Church, the Bullaine family, and others, Berithor manages to get the entire party sent on a 2 year service in the High King’s army.
- Gide is introduced; Relb hooks the group up with Christianna and Dierdre… the full vision of coming civil war is revealed. The party chooses to stay unaligned but 9162, Month 7, Day 15 they become part of Dierdre’s bid to challenge her brother and agree to work for Dierdre and accomplish her three missions to fund the challenge.
- Dealing with Anwin and striking the first blow is determined to be the best course. Anwin is Dierdre’s enemies in the Riverdans most potent weapon and he is not expecting a brazen attack. It nearly succeeds.
- Taer goes solo to try and prepare materials for the tax wagon ambush. He meets Paul Dorn under the name D’ire and helps the Order of the Stone Hand gain a foothold in Karolak.
- Tax wagon ambush – After much debate, the group decides to take out the tax wagon and succeeds beyond anyone’s expectations, using dupes and murdering all in their trail.
- Diredre offers service with her instead of the freebooters life; the party rejects. Eldric and Meldrin join. They are sent to Cerran’s Grant but end up on the wrong side (posing as the gReen River Brigade) in the battle as Risquist farm. However, the leader of the rebellion lives, and Anwin is nearly killed – though once again the group fails to kill him, his estate is looted well. Cage Northfort joins.
- Christianna makes another effort to have the group serve Dierdre and fails. Dierdre has a private conversation with Gide over the background of the group, their position in the coming war, and her concerns of Geri and the groups public image in general. She again offers a Lt. commission.
- The group goes to Dunstrand City and sees the White Sisters – well, Gide does anyway, looking for advice. After going on a mission for them, they offer to provide valuable information on the group. He finds out more about the background of some characters that not even they knew – including his own father. Someone (Berithor presumably) has the Brotherhood of the black Bolt try and kill Gide. The White Sisters save him for favor in the future – but the attention is more than they can handle and the party is asked to leave.
- Open war begins in earnest in Dunstrand. Dierdre has hired mercenaries and the eastern and southern areas of Bar-Innis are the scene of many battles. Berithor begins to squeeze the county for extra taxes and food to hire mercenaries.
- Christianna once again offers service and a paid commission in the Ducal Guards. The party reject, preferring to remain independent. She warns once again that forces are watching them because of their pedigree and there are dangerous directions being taken in the party – that may threaten even Dierdre’s use of them.
- The second mission is completed, the Umbakian princess is kidnapped.
- The party goes to Karolak and Geri goes to Bar-Innis. Tigris the Nighthawk joins the group but is lost in a river crossing. Sir Gilhed takes Geri hostage but she is rescued. Meldrin betrays his own church to save her. Geri says that the people of Bar-Innis are being brutalized and its not just Christianna saying so.
- In Karolak, the party rests and is joined by Tigris (this time for good?), Jonas and Stillmein. Cage tries to kidnap Geri and the group nearly falls apart. The mission for Paul Dorn brings them all together again and some sinister plot of the Wave Watchers is revealed. The party is rested and prepares to march again. Eldric and Meldrin appear to have vanished.
- There’s too much attention on them in Karolak, so they take a perilous thousand mile journey home. Arrive late, they offer Christianna and Dierdre their services as official allies, endorsing her cause.
- Gide gets a commission in the Ducal Guards and the group is sent into the lowlands of Bar-Innis to ferment rebellion and draw troops away from teh south – where she is losing